Privacy & Cookies Policy
HIGH FIDELITY PRIVACY & COOKIES POLICY
We use appropriate security measures to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of your Personal Information. To make sure your Internet browser is using the latest security features, you may want to download the most recent version of it, which should have full SSL (Secure Socket Layer) support.
INFORMATION COLLECTED BY HIGH FIDELITY
High Fidelity gathers the following types of information:
We collect information that identifies or can be used to contact you as an individual (collectively, "Personal Information") that you voluntarily provide when you visit the Sites, including your name, postal address, telephone number, email address, payment information, and any other information you provide when you communicate with us. You may provide this Personal Information, for example, when you join by creating an account or when you make a purchase. If you create an account on the Sites, we will also ask you to create a password. We may combine the Personal Information that you provide with other information that we collect about you such as purchase history or customer service history.
We may also combine the information we receive from you with information (including Personal Information) we obtain from other sources.
We (or third parties that work with us) may automatically collect certain technical information from you when you use the Sites. We may collect this technical information using "cookies" or similar technologies such as "web beacons," pixels, or tags. Cookies are small amounts of data that are stored within your computer's Internet browser and that are accessed and recorded by the websites that you visit, as well as by the companies that place advertising on websites, so that they can recognize the same browser navigating online at a later time. Web beacons are web page elements that can recognize certain types of information on your computer such as cookies and the time and date of a page viewed.
Information collected by cookies and similar technologies may include, without limitation:
- the pages you visit within the Sites;
- the date and time of your visit to the Sites;
- the websites you visit before or after visiting the Sites;
- the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet;
- your computer and connection information such as your browser type and version, operating system and platform;
- whether you open and whether you click on any link contained in an email message that we send you; and/or
- your purchase history.
If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to the help and support area on your Internet browser for instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. Information on deleting or controlling cookies is available at www.AboutCookies.org. Please note that by deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our Website.
You can withdraw your consent to these cookies at any time through the following options:
- Google Analytics cookies across all websites, please visit Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on;
- other third party cookies relating to behavioral advertising, please go to www.aboutads.info.
- any other type of cookies, you can clean the cookies through your browser settings.
Please note that refusing cookies does not mean you will no longer receive online advertising. It does mean that the company or companies from which you opted out will no longer deliver advertisements tailored to your web preferences and usage patterns, so you may see a greater number of advertisements that are irrelevant to you and your preferences.
Many web browsers support Do Not Track technology. While we strive to offer you choices when you use our website and services, we do not promise that we will be able to receive or honor web browser Do Not Track signals.
USE OF INFORMATION COLLECTED BY HIGH FIDELITY
To provide you services and the Website, including to allow you
to order and receive products using our Website, administer your account, allow you to use our consignment portal and pay you for your items that are sold, and to optimize your experience we need to use the information that we collect in a number of different ways. We also use the information for marketing and advertising purposes. Where you have told us you would like to receive marketing communications or when you have made a purchase using our services, we and our partners will use your personal information (including your name, email address and address) to occasionally send you updates, news, and offers via email, post, or other forms of media. We may use your information (including supplemental information received from partners that we append to our existing customer information as described below), to tailor these messages to you. You may unsubscribe from email marketing communications by modifying your preferences in your account’s profile management section, or by following the opt-out instructions in the promotional emails we send you.
We may also carry out research, analysis, and surveys on your use of our Website, and views. We may keep tracking of your spend on our Website to see if you can benefit from any loyalty programs we may offer from time to time. Finally, we use your information to confirm your identity and perform credit checks or anti-fraud checks, in order to ensure your, and our, financial security.
Please scroll down to find out the detailed purposes for which we collect your information, and what specific information is collected:
- To register and manage your account in our Website, we may collect your name, email, password and other additional details you may wish to add in your account, like phone number, addresses and gender.
- To fulfil the orders you make through our website, we collect your Name, addresses, phone number, Order details, like the products you are buying, the size and price.
- To collect payment from you we collect your payment information, which comprises the credit/debit card’s number, holder’s name and CCV – we do not store them and only transfer them to our authorized payment providers.
- To pay you for any item sold via the consignor portal we collect your bank details and other required financial information.
- To provide you with our customer services (including helping you to solve any issue you have with our services, or any consignation query, updating you about any change to our terms of service, or contacting you to know how was your experience with us) we collect your name, email, password and addresses and your contact history with us (including possibly phone records of our conversations).
- To monitor the quality of our customer services, we collect your name, email, password and addresses and your contact history with us.
- To administer, maintain and optimize our Website and our services, we collect your device information (such as your device IP address and device type), Cookie identifiers and browsing information.
- To perform fraud and credit checks and if we can do business with you, we collect your name; email; addresses; credit/debit card details; browsing history; purchase history; date of birth; gender; specific behavioral cookies, device information (such as IP address and device type), any government identifiers (like driver’s license or ID cards) and any publicly available information (like social media profiles or news).
- To send you marketing communications and personalized offers, we collect your Name; Email; Phone Number; Addresses; Date of Birth; Purchase history; Browsing history and behavior; Device information; Shopping preferences; Cookie identifiers; Internal identifiers; Country.
- Analysis of your behavior and purchases in our Website, we collect your Name Email; Phone Number; Addresses; Date of Birth; Purchase history; Browsing history and behavior; Device Information; Shopping preferences; Nickname; Cookie identifiers; Internal identifiers; Country; purchase and sale history.
- Carry on research, analysis, enquiries and surveys on your use of our website, we collect your Name; Addresses; Email; Device information, demographic information (including gender, country of residence and household income) and content of survey responses.
- Advertising and retarget advertising, we collect your email, cookie identifiers and device information.
SHARING OF INFORMATION COLLECTED BY HIGH FIDELITY
To provide the Website and our services, we work with a number of carefully selected third parties. To do this, we may share your information with these third parties in the following circumstances:
- Affiliates: We may share information with our affiliates, which will handle the information under their own respective privacy policies. Where required by law, we will give you a choice about this sharing.
- Service Providers: We may employ other companies or individuals to provide certain services to or on behalf of us such as operating and supporting the Sites, fulfilling orders you place through the Sites, shipping your orders, processing your payment, analyzing ad performance or other data, or performing marketing or consulting services.
- Third-Party Referral Partners: To help provide you with better offers, we may work with third-party referral partners. If you visit the Sites by linking directly from a third-party website, we may provide the third party with select information about your individual transaction that you made after being referred. In order to track and credit your transaction the third-party website may give you a unique code, cookie or graphic which will uniquely identify you. The presence of a third-party navigation bar at the top of any page on any Site is an indication that the third-party website may have access to information about your activity on such Site.
- Law Enforcement and Government Authorities: We may disclose Personal Information to government authorities or third parties when we believe disclosure is required or permitted pursuant to a legal request, subpoena or other legal process. We may also use or disclose your information as required or permitted by law to perform charge verifications, report or collect debts owed, fight fraud or protect our rights or property as well as those of our affiliates or customers. You should be aware that, following disclosure to any third party, your Personal Information may be accessible by others to the extent permitted or required by applicable law.
- Business Transfer: In the event that High Fidelity is sold, has its assets acquired or transferred, whether voluntarily or involuntarily, or merges or becomes affiliated with any other division, individual or entity, any information owned or under the control of High Fidelity may be one of the transferred assets. We may also disclose information to potential buyers as part of a potential transfer of control.
- With Consent or Notice: We may share your information with your consent or as otherwise disclosed at the time of data collection or sharing.
- Aggregate and Deidentified Information: We may share aggregated or deidentified information without limitation, including the technical information that we collect automatically as described above.
To provide our Website and our services, in accordance with the purposes set out above, we may transfer and store the personal information that we collect from you to a destination inside or outside of the United States. When transferring personal information to one of our third party services’ providers set out above, we rely on different adequacy and security measures to ensure we comply with the relevant privacy regulations.
DIGITAL ADVERTISING AND ANALYTICS
We may partner with ad networks and other ad serving providers (“Advertising Providers”) that serve ads on behalf of us and others on non-affiliated platforms. Some of those ads may be personalized, meaning that they are intended to be relevant to you based on information Advertising Providers collect about your use of the Sites and other sites or apps over time, including information about relationships among different browsers and devices. This type of advertising is known as interest-based advertising. You can visit www.aboutads.info or www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp to learn more about interest-based advertising and how to opt out of this advertising on your browser by companies participating in industry self-regulatory programs.
Note that choosing to opt out will not stop advertising from appearing in your browser. It may make the ads you see less relevant to your interests. Advertising Providers may continue to collect data for other purposes, including analytics and other operational purposes.
We may also work with third parties that collect data about your use of the Sites and other sites or apps over time for non-advertising purposes. High Fidelity uses Google Analytics and other third-party services to improve the performance of the Sites and for analytics and marketing purposes. For more information about how Google Analytics collects and uses data when you use the Sites, visit https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/, and to opt out of Google Analytics, visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
The Sites may contain links to other websites. If you click on another third party link, you will be directed to that third party's website. The fact that we link to a website is not an endorsement, authorization or representation of our affiliation with that third party, nor is it an endorsement of their privacy or information security policies or practices. We do not exercise control over third party websites. These other websites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit Personal Information from you. Other sites follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of the personal information you submit to them. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites you visit.
The Sites may also include integrated social media tools or “plug-ins,” such as social networking tools offered by third parties. If you use these tools to share personal information or you otherwise interact with these features on the Sites, those companies may collect information about you and may use and share such information in accordance with your account settings, including by sharing such information with us and the general public. Your interactions with third-party companies and your use of their features are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide those features. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy policies of any accounts you create and use.
HOW LONG WILL YOU USE MY INFORMATION FOR?
We retain the data you provide to us for as long as you have your account with us and thereafter for such period as you may have questions or a claim in relation to our services, notwithstanding any superior retention period that we may be obliged to observe in accordance with legal requirements applicable to us.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data as set out below.
WHAT ARE MY PRIVACY RIGHTS?
You have certain rights in relation to the personal data we hold about you depending on local law. Some of these only apply in certain circumstances. Please note that we may require you to verify your identity before responding to any requests to exercise your rights and that can include asking a set of security questions to ensure it is you. When you have appointed someone else to do the request on your behalf, that person and/or organization needs to show a valid power of attorney issued by you.